Position available for a Sea Kayak Guide / Instructor / Expedition leader
Auckland Sea Kayaks operates within one of New Zealand’s most diverse sea kayak locations – the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park / Tīkapa Moana / Te Moananui-ā-Toi and also holds Department of Conservation concessions for various locations throughout Northland.
Auckland Sea Kayaks prides itself on encouraging the personal development of all staff and actively encourages staff to work through the NZOIA framework of qualifications. Auckland Sea Kayaks has NZOIA Sea Kayak assessors within the organisation to help facilitate this process.
Auckland Sea Kayaks was founded in such a way that we use our love for the outdoors, kayaking expertise, conservation commitment and years of paddling, to provide the most genuine, marine-based experiences possible. We are looking for staff who are committed to educating and entertaining our guests in a safe and fun environment.
Why work for Auckland Sea Kayaks
- Emphasis on personal development
- Competitive remuneration
- Diverse and ever-changing working environment
- Skilled and experienced co-workers
- Auckland’s most awarded sea kayak operator
- Rated #1 Guided tour by Wilderness Magazine [Sunset tour to Rangitoto]
Applicants MUST have:
- A passion for kayaking and the marine environment.
- Respect for cultural diversity, excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Clean full New Zealand drivers licence and ability to drive with a trailer.
- A minimum of one year Outdoor Leadership / Adventure Tourism course or equivalent experience in the industry
- Hold current first aid certificate
- Ideally you hold an NZOIA Sea Kayak qualification and have a strong kayak roll or can demonstrate personal skills to this level. Auckland Sea Kayaks is happy to train the right person to achieve an NZOIA sea kayak qualification
Please email your CV to Nic Mead at email@example.com or call 09 213 4545 to discuss the role.