Qualmark 100% Pure New Zealand Experience Awards
Just before New Zealand headed into level 4 covid restrictions in August 2021, Nic Mead from Auckland Sea Kayaks attended the Qualmark 100% Pure New Zealand Experience Awards – hosted by their brand ambassador Richie McCaw. These Awards seek applications from tourism businesses that have made an outstanding contribution to their people, community and place.
Auckland Sea Kayaks was a finalist and recognised for their excellence in the areas of manaakitanga, tiaki and whanau.
- Manaakitanga – A deeper expression of hospitality based on true empathy and connection
- Tiaki – Our duty of care for people and place
- Whanau – Embracing visitors as family
We demonstrated alignment with the Tourism New Zealand brand promise of 100% Pure New Zealand, where people, culture and landscapes embrace to create immersive experiences that leave visitors with rich stories to tell.
From a domestic tourism perspective, our community based initiatives from the past year were celebrated and include:
- Motu Manawa Kayak Day 13.06.2020
- Motu Manawa Kayak Day 14.06.2020
- Māngere Kayak Day 2020
- Okura Kaitiaki Day 14.02.2021
- Papakura Paddle Day 27.03.2021
- Rototoa Lake Kayak and Snorkel Day 28.03.2021
- Waimahia Kayak Day 2020
- Motu Manawa Kayak Day 18.04.2021
- Whau Day Out – a day to celebrate your awa
- HOOP-LA Day
- Mountains to Sea Wānanga 2021
- PILLARS Charity Organisation Watersports Day
Thanks to everyone who has been on this journey with us and helped to shape our products for the domestic audience in the face of COVID. We’re grateful for the connection we’ve been able to build with our community so far and look forward to evolving this in the years to come.